Based on our flurry of mass tweeting a few weeks ago, you might have guessed that ExploreEcon 2019 had happened. On 13 March 2019, we organised the fifth annual undergraduate research conference, known as ExploreEcon, which showcases independent work from all years of our undergraduate Economics programme. We had many excellent poster displays and presentations. … More ExploreEcon 2019
1. What is your role and what does it involve?I am a Teaching Fellow in the Department of Economics at UCL. I am constantly searching for ways to improve the learning experience of our students through, for example, class interaction, engaging assessed projects and research collaborations. I am also one of the department’s personal tutors. … More Q&A with Silvia Dal Bianco
1. What is your role and what does it involve?In the UCL Department of Economics, I am a Teaching Fellow and personal tutor. I teach The World Economy (ECON0007) and Economic History (ECON0121). My philosophy is, from the very beginning, to give students the confidence to use the things we teach them (theories, models, etc.) … More Q&A with Ramin Nassehi
Following the first Economics Challenge session, the participating secondary schools returned on March 4th for further insight into what it’s like to study economics, especially at UCL, alongside an award ceremony for the Challenge. The event began with students receiving participatory certificates for all their hard work in creating multi-media presentations. Aman Sharma, a 3rd … More Economics Challenge 2019 Winner!
1. What is your role and what does it involve? I am a Teaching Fellow in the Department of Economics at UCL and am teaching economics to both economics and non-economics majors. In the meantime, I am the skills lab coordinator. As one of the personal tutors, I provide guidance and support to students. Also, … More Q&A with Dunli Li
1. What is your role and what does it involve? I am a Principal Teaching Fellow in the Department of Economics at UCL. I am also the Department BSc Director and Careers Tutor. As BSc Director I have oversight of our undergraduate curriculum, both what we teach and how we teach and assess student learning. … More Q&A with Cloda Jenkins
1. What is your role and what does it involve? Director, which means I am responsible for the vision and strategy of the Centre (CTaLE). I also organise the seminar series and run several of our projects, including the First Year Challenge. 2. How long have you been at UCL and what was your previous … More Q&A with Parama Chaudhury