1. What is your role and what does it involve?
Director, which means I am responsible for the vision and strategy of the Centre (CTaLE). I also organise the seminar series and run several of our projects, including the First Year Challenge.
2. How long have you been at UCL and what was your previous role(s)?
7.5 years, before this I taught at Oxford, Yale and Dartmouth.
3. Tell us about a project you’re working on that you find particularly interesting.
I am working on analysing the sources and potential resolutions to the BME attainment gap. This is a very important social issue of course, but diversity in the student body and the staff is also very important and enriches the study in particular of the social sciences.
4. If you could teach any economics course, what would it be?
5. What is your favourite economic joke?
Two economists are walking down a street.
Economist 1: Oh look! a $100 bill.
He leans forward to pick it up
Economist 2: Leave it, if it were real someone else would have picked it up.
Please take a look at Parama’s complete bio in this link!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org